Image Map Image Map

Thread: FS: Macintosh Performa 200

Default FS: Macintosh Performa 200

I sold this Performa 200 on eBay. It broke in shipping and the buyer doesn't want it anymore. The issues are a piece of plastic broken off the top, which I hope she still has and can be glued back on, and it boots but no longer displays anything. I think it's highly likely it just needs the connectors reseated. Before I sold it I replaced the caps, lubed the FDD, and installed a used SCSI HDD in it with System 7. Anyway I'm angry that it was broken in shipment since I packed it well, but now I just don't want to ship it again.

So here's what I've arranged, I would like someone here to pick it up and fix it and or/make use of it, since before I shipped it it was an absolutely lovely specimen of a Performa 200. It's free to you if you can pick it up where the buyer is located *and* can troubleshoot it and make sure it doesn't go to a landfill. Includes power cord, keyboard, mouse and microphone. The person to contact for location details is mrsphelan - near New York.

Caleb
    Yesterday someone else replied to the posted and I PMed mrsphelan. Today the forums are rolled back a bit and her post is missing. You have at least 2 interested parties, at least one in nyc.

I thought someone replied to this, but now I don't see the response. Do you have a more specific location?

Hi,

Yes, I did reply. Weird that the reply is gone. Something supernatural, unearthly, otherworldly, or mysterious I guess.

Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by baviles13 View Post
    Hi,

Yes, I did reply. Weird that the reply is gone. Something supernatural, unearthly, otherworldly, or mysterious I guess.

Bobby
    The site crashed last night and a lot of posts from yesterday were lost.

ah yes so baviles13 is first in line right now, I'm waiting on the lady who holds the computer to post here.

Yes, I have been found! nothing supernatural. I was getting scared for a minute, just joking.