Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ti pc

Default Ti pc

I picked up a TI PC today with keyboard and color monitor. The hard drive is either wiped or not working since it asks for a boot disk. It still has the TI asset tag and internal support label.

I used one of them for a short time at TI back in 1987 before our group upgraded everyone to a TI Business Pro.

By TI PC, you mean the TI Professional Computer? The portable version? Very nice, especially if it has the color monitor.

You can find archived DOS boot disks for the TI Professional Computer here: https://winworldpc.com/product/ms-dos/2x They can be written with ImageDisk from a DOS based IBM PC. Just be aware that although these look like normal 360k disks these disks use an interleave of 2. I don't know if these include hard disk low level formatting utilities.

The Professional Computer. I remember one of the portables running around the office. We called it the TI PPC in our group but I don't know if other people referred to it that way.

I think I have a couple of old floppies but probably not complete.

I'm not sure I'll keep this, I just saw it was available and didn't want to see it scrapped.

I have both tipc and tippc). Not the business pro un42. I have some sw somewhere. I'd love to have the color monitor. I won an auction years ago for 1$. I told the seller I didn't want the 19" color monitor. I had temporary insanity.

I happened to find a few disks for the UCSD p-System.

I made images of them using ImageDisk. Here is the zip file. So if someone has a TI Professional Computer around he could give it a try!

These disks came from this shelf of nice TI binders.

Are there any TI PC owners interested in these? I have no TI PC and I have no intention to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MattisLind View Post
    I happened to find a few disks for the UCSD p-System.

I made images of them using ImageDisk. Here is the zip file. So if someone has a TI Professional Computer around he could give it a try!
    Very nice! Thanks dumping these! I only wish I had a TIPC to try these on. Now, if only someone would dump the UCSD-P system for IBM PC.

BTW, what version of MS-DOS is that in the picture above?

I have now scanned one of the binders.

I had some queries about the binders and they are going to a guy in Germany. But I will try to scan them before they go.

Regarding the DOS-version. Do you mean the DOS-version in the Multitech binder or TI binder?

The one with the dark blue label. I would assume that version is not for the TIPC, but given that it was included with the rest makes me wonder. The last MS-DOS version I know of for the TIPC is MS-DOS 2.11 OEM R2.13.

Many thanks for the disk images and the manual. I'll try them.

I have a colour TIPPC (Portable version) with twin floppies - no hard drive. (in UK)

I can offer pdf copies of the original manuals with technical information - that is for the TIPC, but mostly applicable to the portable.

And a few original disks, including an early version of CP/M-86 for the TIPC. I have IMD copies of the disks.

And I have many questions - such as where to find drivers for the early 3Com network card and perhaps where to get a hard drive controller card.

Regards

Jon