Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: Micro Channel Sound Card

1. Default WTB: Micro Channel Sound Card

So I've been looking for a sound card for my IBM PS/2 Model 50 lately. This is the first computer I ever had and I've been wanting to get it back in a good working state to turn it into a DOS gaming machine for a few years now. At this point I really just need a sound card for it

Though I've quickly found out that finding these on the normal places like ebay is becoming quite the exercise in futility. So I was wondering if anyone here had one they were willing to part with.

Honestly I'd settle for just about any of the following:

Adlib Sound Card
    Sound Blaster MCV
    Sound Blaster Pro 2 MCV
    Roland MPU-IMC
    Reply SB16
    SoundPiper 16
    ChipChat Sound 16
    ChipChat Sound 32

Basically any of the ones that are actually useful for DOS games. So if anyone here has one that they're willing to part with and sell, send me a message.

Also look for one of these -- a parallel port sound device with AdLib and Sound Blaster compatibility:

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    Also look for one of these -- a parallel port sound device with AdLib and Sound Blaster compatibility:

Unfortunately the Model 50 is a 286. That probably wont work as most of those depend on at least a 386 or higher last I checked. Though the OPL2LPT has been one I've been considering in the mean time as some games can at least be patched to use it.

4. Default

Figured I'd give this a bump as I'm still looking.

Hi,

I have a sound blaster card, need to look for it. I will get back to you when I find it.

Bobby

6. Default

Bumping as I'm still looking for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by baviles13 View Post
    Hi,

I have a sound blaster card, need to look for it. I will get back to you when I find it.

Bobby
    Didn't see this. Is it an actual Microchannel card or is it just a regular ISA/PCI Sound Blaster?

Also looking for MCA audio adapter

Smile Sound Card

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, anyway I got the following sound card with adapter. I have other sound cards but need to look for them.

Bobbt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by baviles13 View Post
    Sorry for the delay, anyway I got the following sound card with adapter. I have other sound cards but need to look for them.
    I don't mean to dampen the enthusiasm, however those are both PCI. The title of this thread is Micro Channel. And the C-Cube board you have (on the right in the first picture) isn't really a sound card. It's an MPEG-2 video decoder card.

MCA cards have very different looking back-plates and card orientation relative to the back-plate is the same as ISA (PCI is flipped). The edge connectors between PCI and MCA are similar (pitch and key gaps).
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me