Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much is your old apple worth? I find huge issues with this article.

Blog Entries

It has an EPROM marked Unitron on the keyboard so yeah it has its own thing going. I imagine given the many thousands of Unitron and private labelled Unitrons there are out there I should be able to one day find another one.. if thats my issue.

Only the compact Mac prices seem close. The rest are all wrong. For the Apple II, the pricing seems be for a high serial number A2S1, but not for an earlier one like a Rev-0.

The Apple-1 prices are obviously way off, more than a few have sold for more than 600k USD.

The Lisa and MaxXL are way off. Find me a MacXL in Mint condition for 1,000. Haven't been that way for years. Find me a Mint condition Lisa with twiggy for 3,800 USD. I have money burning in my pocket for that...

The rest are just a little bit too low, maybe 50 to 75% the actual price things are going for

Lisa 1 for $3,800?! Yeah, that’s way off!

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    It has an EPROM marked Unitron on the keyboard so yeah it has its own thing going. I imagine given the many thousands of Unitron and private labelled Unitrons there are out there I should be able to one day find another one.. if thats my issue.
    Its a pretty generic design. Basically they use a count to run through the scan lines, the rows and columns of the key array are applied to the eproms address lines the data outputs of the eprom is the ascii code for the key that is pressed. So even if its completely different to all the others its not difficult to work the data that needs to be in the eprom.