Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: AT Class (not ATX) Tower, Mini, or Desktop case and/OR AT PSU

Default WTB: AT Class (not ATX) Tower, Mini, or Desktop case and/OR AT PSU

Hello,

Starting a new build with a baby AT 486 VLB MB and I am looking for a real AT Tower (or other AT chassis) and/or AT class PSU (real push button on/off not "soft" on/off ala ATX).

Anyone have a clean tower that they are interested in getting rid of? Ideally in greater LA area but I would be willing to also consider shipping.

I am also looking for a PSU to go with the case.

TIA!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. Copy II PC Enhanced Option Board (the one with the toggle switch on the back) 4. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 5. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro)

If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Ok. Got a PSU now so just looking for a case. TIA!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. Copy II PC Enhanced Option Board (the one with the toggle switch on the back) 4. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 5. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro)

Look over on the For Sale section. There's one there.
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Wrong power switch. (ATX, not AT)

Lots of unnecessary extras.

Shipping from Alaska???
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Thanks for the heads up! But as stone pointed out shipping from Alaska is going to be a deal killer. Plus at this point, i.e. early on, I am still holding hopes out for a full tower.

A couple of very nice full tower AT cases on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Size-A...e/183077743164

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AT-...x/183088859831

Although holy balls those shipping prices. I still don't understand why the entire US economy doesn't just screech to a halt due to product shipping costs (oh, right, shipping is free if is from China). Anyway, if that is a calculated price, perhaps it won't be so bad for you since it is in California.

Yeah, guess shipping would be a touch painful.

You might check out local estate and garage sales. I picked up an old Dell Dimension for free last week.

Lots of older equipment shows up there at usually reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! But as stone pointed out shipping from Alaska is going to be a deal killer. Plus at this point, i.e. early on, I am still holding hopes out for a full tower.
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    A couple of very nice full tower AT cases on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Size-A...e/183077743164

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-AT-...x/183088859831

Although holy balls those shipping prices. I still don't understand why the entire US economy doesn't just screech to a halt due to product shipping costs (oh, right, shipping is free if is from China). Anyway, if that is a calculated price, perhaps it won't be so bad for you since it is in California.
    I actually did try that guy. He is a bit wacko. Plus he doesn't allow for local pickup (even though he is "the largest case seller on eBay"). Considering he is a 20 minute drive seems kind of ludicrous to pay $40 for S&H on top of the case price + tax on the whole deal.

I like that first one - very reminiscent of the no name brand towers that were everywhere in the early 90s.

Yeah, guess shipping would be a touch painful.

You might check out local estate and garage sales. I picked up an old Dell Dimension for free last week.

Lots of older equipment shows up there at usually reasonable prices.

Yeah - I always hear about these magical garage sales and awesome recyclers but none are ever in LA...

I had a couple of forum members contact me so hopefully it will be resolved soon.
    Last edited by Shadow Lord; March 14th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.

Sorry to post OT but

"Stone has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Stone from the recipient list and send the message again."

You may want to check it out Stone!