Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IBM PS/1 Consultant OS HELP!!!

Cool IBM PS/1 Consultant OS HELP!!!

Hello everyone,

I started a project with my first computer that I got when I was younger, that I could use some help with. So here are the specs first:

IBM PS/1 Consultant

Machine Type -- 2168

Model Number -- G57

Intel i486SX 33MHz

Ram 64MB

Motherboard -- FRU 52G2970

So I can power the computer on no problem and cam enter the BIOS. I think my issue might be with HDD that I am currently using. The HDD that was in the computer was a Western Digital 540MB (WDAL2540-00h) no longer works. The new HDD is a Western Digital (WD800) IDE drive with 80GB. I do have windows 3.1 and and other older software. No matter what I try to use I cannot get into any DOS or OS loaded up.

My goal is to get this computer back up and running for some good old DOS gaming.

Thank you

2. Cool

Does the FDD work? Do you have a smaller IDE HDD to try? Looks like this model utlizes a standard FDD: replace it. Those are typically plentiful and cheap.

Maintenance manual: I love OEM machines for their excellent documentation. Especially IBM.

New Zealand
    Blog Entries

Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

+ Reply to Thread