Image Map Image Map

Thread: Osborne 1 external video cable?

Default Osborne 1 external video cable?

Hi, does anyone have, or can point me in the direction of ,any information about the external video cable for an Osborne 1? Has anyone made up a cable and what kind of monitor it can run?

All the best
    StephenM

Blog Entries

The external monitor port (not the composite out) is TTL video. The video signal and power actually runs to that connector and then the jumper plug passes it back on internally to the internal CRT display using the other side of the edge connector. When you plug in the external monitor it routes the power and video signals out to the monitor but disables the internal monitor.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...d/118_0040.jpg

I could of sworn the pinout was in the operators manual? I could be wrong here.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    The external monitor port (not the composite out) is TTL video. The video signal and power actually runs to that connector and then the jumper plug passes it back on internally to the internal CRT display using the other side of the edge connector. When you plug in the external monitor it routes the power and video signals out to the monitor but disables the internal monitor.

I could of sworn the pinout was in the operators manual? I could be wrong here.
    The pinouts for the front-side video connector are in the Technical Manual, page 27. The video signals from the mainboard are on the bottom side (even pins) of the connector. I made a cable for my external monitor; I believe it was just straight through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, I love the funky little monitor. I would imagine there are very few of those on this side of the pond.