Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Kaufman's IMSAI MPU-A Reproduction Board

Blog Entries

I would be interested in one of each.

Len
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    I thought that was on purpose because they are so close It is an excellent reproduction.
    It says it's a reproduction on the back, with Gary's site's URL. They do look nearly identical to the originals from the front, especially the IMSAI board!

Well done Gary. This is excellent.

I'd like to register my interest for 2 x kits (including 2 x PCBs), when available.

Are you able to post a few notes documenting the steps taken (tools used etc) to get from a scan of the old board, to a clean set of Gerbers and drill file? I recently finished an unrelated reproduction project. It took several hundred hours to accurately measure the placement of tracks and vias, while redrawing the lot in KiCAD. I'd say I did it in about the least efficient way possible!

Malcolm.

You send the boards to Mile High Test/Gardien Services, pay the fee, and get Gerbers back. They'll digitize all of the layers you'd like (silkscreen, solder mask, etc.). A two-layer S-100 sized board costs around $250. The board has to be stripped of all components. They can do multilayer (4+ layer) boards, but the board is destroyed in the process. Well worth the cost IMO -- as you discovered, there's a *lot* of time in it, and I wouldn't be able to get nearly as much done if I were doing the conversion to Gerbers myself.

IMSAI and Altair CPU Boards are now available, please see the posting in the marketplace for-sale section.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/forumdisp...-Sale-or-Trade

6/6/2018

SUBJECT- IMSAI 8080 PARTS LIST

If anyone has purchased one of Gary Kaufman's IMSAI 8080 reproduction boards and is in need of a parts list, I have enclosed one if it would be useful to anyone.

> Charles

IMSAI_8080_Model.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    IMSAI_Parts.zip

6/6/18

UPDATE-
    Just an Update to the parts list. As I am currently building the board I noticed the 1/2 watt resistors are really too big to fit
    when mounted side by side as in R25-R32, R12-R11, and R8-R7. It would be better to use 1/4 watt resistors throughout.
    You might try...

( 1) 291-470-RC
    (19) 291-1K-RC
    (10) 291-4.7K-RC

These are still carbon film brown body resistors.

>Charles
    Last edited by Dawsoca; June 6th, 2018 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Parts List Error