Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First it was leaded solder, now itís coffee

You know I had Lasik in 2003, best damn thing I ever did. I wish I had it done sooner. When I was done my first couple years I had 20/15 in one eye and 20/17 in the other. I only miss the colored contact I used to wear.

Blog Entries

Lasik has gone badly for some people, who are plagued with various visual problems as a result--it isn't for everyone. It does nothing for presbyopia, so you'll end up with glasses as you age anyway.

Blog Entries

If only vintage bodies were as easy to fix as vintage computers...
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Lasik has gone badly for some people, who are plagued with various visual problems as a result--it isn't for everyone. It does nothing for presbyopia, so you'll end up with glasses as you age anyway.
    the only downfall to my lasik is a plethora of "floaters" in my vision which I simply just learned to deal with them. Being able to see when I wake up or go to sleep unassisted is worth even that.

Blog Entries

Wait until you get operated on for cataracts. The replacement lenses means that non-fibrous floaders can be zapped with a laser. Zapping fibrous ones apparently (according to my surgeon) creates more floaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Wait until you get operated on for cataracts. The replacement lenses means that non-fibrous floaders can be zapped with a laser. Zapping fibrous ones apparently (according to my surgeon) creates more floaters.
    so your damned if you do and your damned if you dont huh?

Blog Entries

Yeah, well, I consider myself fortunate--my wife is battling glaucoma.

Blog Entries

Can you guys talk about something else? It's bad enough to be getting old, it's worse yet to be reminded of it...
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

Blog Entries

I'm cheered up when I consider the alternative.

From the advances in medicine I've seen in my (relatively) short time on this rock, we are close to having replacement internals. They take your dna, stick it in a pig, wait a few months. BAM! New organs and bacon! Even in mechanical replacements, they are working hard. I read not to long ago about some trials on replacement kidneys. Yea, it might suck if things go the route of Repo! or Repo Men.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.