Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More trouble since the Februay VCFED.ORG forum crash.

Blog Entries

Default More trouble since the Februay VCFED.ORG forum crash.

Looks like this might be a lingering symptom from the trouble we went through in February. Some old theads with links to even older threads don't go anywhere. specifically this thread. Look at post #9. Try to follow the link 1MegXT thread. I get a 404 error because it points to "http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?28128-HIMEMV2-or-equivillent-PROM" which was obviously on the old forum and is not getting forwarded.

Blog Entries

Maybe you could convince the those in charge to give you access to find and fix bad links.

But there's not much point, I think, in fixing old links. It would be easier for someone encountering that link to do a web search for the information, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

The same thread exists on VCFED.ORG if you change vintage-computer.com/vcforum to vcfed.org/forum it pops right up. Seem like a simple global redirect to me. Pretty sure it was working before the crash.

Blog Entries

So, who do I need to poke here? I was hoping to get a response from a moderator or admin. I believe links to these old threads are important to the continuity of the forum.

Greg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    So, who do I need to poke here? I was hoping to get a response from a moderator or admin. I believe links to these old threads are important to the continuity of the forum.

Greg
    Agreed.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Have you tried "reporting" the post with the incorrect link?

Have you tried sending a PM to mbrutman?

smp

You might also first try the little triangle and !. It is an alert to the monitors.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    You might also first try the little triangle and !. It is an alert to the monitors.
    Dwight
    I'm a little hesitant to use the triangle thing due to the following notice that comes up when it is pressed;
    "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

I think I'll send a PM to Mike or Evan.

Greg

The triangle is for reporting any problem just leave
    a detailed message this is just my opinion..
    Never Bin or sell your old computer's you will regret it!!
    Vic 20 x3,C64 x2,128D,C128 flat deck,A1000 x2,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple ][e,2x Apple][ GS rom 01,03,Apple ][c x4 with only 1 PSU,2x Laser 128EX EX2,Atari 600XL,2x 800XL,130XE w/320 mod With a MyIDE plus,Atari 1040stf w/2.5meg..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
    The triangle is for reporting any problem just leave
    a detailed message this is just my opinion..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    When you hover over the triangle it clearly says 'Report Post'. That should be clear enough for everybody.
    Click on the thumbnail below and read the note in the red oval!

This is what comes up when the triangle is pressed.

Capture.jpg

+ Reply to Thread