Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: More trouble since the Februay VCFED.ORG forum crash.

Looks like it's working now on my end. Any reports from the peanut gallery here?

Blog Entries

I experienced long delays in posting, including the forum duplicating one of my posts, just now in the last 45 minutes. I would post, and it would say "please wait 60 seconds between postings" when I already had. It also took very long to load a picture.

I concur with Mike that it feels like CPU throttling on the host. Slow or overwhelmed bandwidth has different characteristics.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

per thread post title...February. We're actively working on a plan. We are working with the host of the account who supplies the server and also looking at what we can do to make the board more efficient, remove plugins, indexing (re-indexing) etc.

We also have more people on moderator duties.

Bill
    @ BillDeg:
    Web: vintagecomputer.net
    Twitter: @billdeg
    Youtube: @billdeg
    Unauthorized Bio

Blog Entries

It like a wave; it's in and out. Basically intermittent as best. Host should assign their ace troubleshooter (if they have one) and nip the problem in the bud.

One thing that still isn't working for me, since the issue, are my forum activity subscription emails.
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    Visit my Tindie store for Tandy 1000 Adapters for EX, HX, SX, SL, TX & TL etc

I still haven't observed any slowdowns or pauses from my timezone. Just for reference.

Maybe, just maybe, it is not the MB that is the problem. Maybe it is all the people streaming video and songs.
    Dwight

Hi.

The forum administrators are aware of the problems, and we haven't shared everything here because there just isn't enough time. Speculating on what might or might not be happening really doesn't help anything.

If you have a solid bug report please start a new thread and let us know.

-Mike

* We know it was CPU related; we have the resource utilization graphs. Hunting down the specific cause has been more difficult and we're only working on it part time, but for the most part it looks to have been fixed by just complaining to the hosting company and showing them their data.

Blog Entries

Is it normal for there to be over 300 "guests" visiting the site? I've been seeing that a lot recently. I don't remember it being like that in the past, but I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

Same here, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread