Image Map Image Map
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Tandy Computers!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bureau View Post
    aww gotta love a clean looking Model 1.. but what monitor are you using ? ( asking because I dont have one either)
    Looks like Sony CCTV security monitor, or perhaps a studio monitor of some type. Does the model 1 use RF modulation for it's video out like the CoCo does?
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bureau View Post
    aww gotta love a clean looking Model 1.. but what monitor are you using ? ( asking because I dont have one either)
    It's a Sony PVM-8044Q 8" Trinitron Color Monitor. This one is perfect for all old retro computers - it does composite (TRS80, Commodore, Atari, ...), and also component RGB! Which is needed for the Amstrad CPC.

Usually, I use a TFT and CVBS / Scart RGB -> HDMI converter, but it never feels right - a vintage computer deserves a "real" CRT of course

I am not sure yet if I should get the RCA Monitor. It would certainly look nice and add to the authenticity of the M1 system. But then, it's also a lot of real estate just for the monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaMikel View Post
    It's a Sony PVM-8044Q 8" Trinitron Color Monitor. This one is perfect for all old retro computers - it does composite (TRS80, Commodore, Atari, ...), and also component RGB! Which is needed for the Amstrad CPC.

Usually, I use a TFT and CVBS / Scart RGB -> HDMI converter, but it never feels right - a vintage computer deserves a "real" CRT of course

I am not sure yet if I should get the RCA Monitor. It would certainly look nice and add to the authenticity of the M1 system. But then, it's also a lot of real estate just for the monitor.
    That's a studio/broadcast monitor, and DAYMN does it have some nice features! The thing must weigh a ton though :/
    I concur about using a CRT with vintage computers. For sure, it makes sense to get one good CRT that does everything, if space is at a premium, but when possible, having a genuinely branded matching monitor REALLY completes the feel. That's why I tracked down the VGM-300 and CM-5 for my Tandys. I highly recommend it if you have the means and the space.
    If you need to be portable though (like for the monthly retro-computer meetup I go to), I prefer using LCDs and converters, as there's less risk of damaging the monitor, and it's just easier to lug around.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

You can stack 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    You can stack 'em!
    You planning on sharing those with the rest of us?

6. Default

You can stack 'em!

Holy cow! You don't need a heater in the basement if you turn them on! WOW!!
    Let me know if you have one to sell

7. Default

Holy cow! You don't need a heater in the basement if you turn them on! WOW!!
    Let me know if you have one to sell
    That's where this picture was taken too, right?
    1_OlY_7egaXZYKJu3QZYmANA.jpeg

That's where this picture was taken too, right?
    1_OlY_7egaXZYKJu3QZYmANA.jpeg
    Hint: For a future Tandy Assembly.

You can stack 'em!

Pity those PC users with only three monitors

Quote Originally Posted by mnbvcxz View Post
    Pity those PC users with only three monitors
    Hey, if you have three VGA ports for driving those monitors you could drive all nine of those TRS-80 screens from one computer!
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs