Image Map Image Map

Thread: Videobrain Expander I

Blog Entries

Default Videobrain Expander I

I grabbed this today:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Video-Brain...72.m2749.l2649

Does anyone know exactly how rare these are? I've read varying accounts. Certainly the serial number on this one is pretty low, so I'm pleased about that!

I think the price I paid was reasonable - I've only ever seen the Expander I lumped in with a Videobrain system, once, on Ebay. I think that Videobrain system had a BIN of $800ish if I remember correctly and went pretty fast.

I expect only a couple thousand, if even that many were made. Today they are really rare. I would suspect that there are less than a couple hundred still in existence. If I'd seen it, I'd have jumped on it my self.
    It is actually more a computer than the Videobrain it self.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

Yeah I only heard of them indirectly, once, on some website. I believe there's an Expander II and maybe III?

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to send software to it via serial or something.. not sure what else one would use the serial for. I don't think they had a BASIC for Videobrain did they? Just that weird APL cart no one has? Or am I getting my systems mixed up?

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Yeah I only heard of them indirectly, once, on some website. I believe there's an Expander II and maybe III?

I'm not sure if it'd be possible to send software to it via serial or something.. not sure what else one would use the serial for. I don't think they had a BASIC for Videobrain did they? Just that weird APL cart no one has? Or am I getting my systems mixed up?
    The Basic was never completed. As for the APL, I await that as well. There is a google group for the Videobrain and the ChannelF. It has some good information there. There is also information on the video unit and schematics.
    Dwight

Blog Entries

I read that there are a few people with APL carts out there but they won't allow them to be dumped? Seems kinda jerky to me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    The Basic was never completed. As for the APL, I await that as well. There is a google group for the Videobrain and the ChannelF. It has some good information there. There is also information on the video unit and schematics.
    Dwight
    I can't find either group (Videobrain and channelF) in Google Groups. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by ColorComputerStore View Post
    I can't find either group (Videobrain and channelF) in Google Groups. Do you have a link?
    Hi
    Sorry, I got the wrong provider. Try:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ideobrain/info
    Dwight