Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCE: VCF East XIII 8085 Single Board Computer

Blog Entries

You'll have excellent support.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Any update on this project? I was busy this weekend, but may be able to come up tomorrow to catch the last day of VCF.

Just got home from VCF East with my 8085 singleboard Glitchworks computer. very nice board indeed.

Thanks for making them available at such a reasonable price.

Cheers!
    Last edited by waltermixxx; May 21st, 2018 at 01:39 AM.

It's a gorgeous kit; I can't wait to put mine together.

"It's a me-too, 8-bit machine with good graphics and a disk system nobody will support."
    -- Bill Gates, about the Sony SMC-70 with the new 3.5" floppy drives (InfoWorld; June 7, 1982)

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy building this little kit! Everyone who built one at the show left with a fully functional board Full writeup, schematics, source code to follow -- I just have to find the time to finish writing it up and do a manual.

I look forward to it! I sprung for the bare board, so the scavenger hunt for parts I don't have on hand is already underway.

This is going to be fun -- glitchbus in particular is relevant to my interests.
    Last edited by CommodoreKid; May 23rd, 2018 at 07:12 PM.
    Current projects: The Cactus 6502 front panel homebrew computer, repairing a VIC-1540, reassembling a Hero 1, fixing another Hero 1, among other things...

Yeah, I need to get some sort of little Interfacing to Glitchbus document put together, too.

I wasn’t able to get up to the show. Are there any kits or boards remaining?

Quote Originally Posted by nib View Post
    I wasn’t able to get up to the show. Are there any kits or boards remaining?
    There's a handful of VCF XIII Special Edition boards left, I don't currently have any parts kits but I can order another round of parts for them. There won't be any further production of the special edition boards, but there will be a similar SBC available when the special edition boards are all used up, in addition to other Glitchbus boards.

Hello,
    I am interested in purchasing one complete kit..either VCF Special Edition or standard board. Please let me know how can I go about it. Thanks