Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tandy 1400 Lo-Tech XT-CF Help

You can get the bare board here:

https://texelec.com/product/lo-tech-...0-laptops-pcb/

Wesley

But according to twistedpneumatic, it only works with the Tandy 1400FD and 1400HD, not the 1400LT.

Blog Entries

I think I tried that board with my 1400 (pretty sure they were LT) and couldn't get it to work.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Hmm.. I may give it a try anyway. I'll price out the components and see what the final cost will be before deciding.

For anyone else coming on this now, https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/xt-cf-card...eries-laptops/. I am going to try building one in the next few months and will report back.

I was able to pick up one of these board pre-made for my 1400LT and I can't see how to make it work.

The CF card is there. I just grabbed an unused 128MB card.
    The board is in the expansion slot.

But when I boot, the computer's normal Phoenix ROM fires up and goes. There's nothing in the BIOS for a hard drive config (no surprise).

I can't find any documentation about how to get my computer to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
    I was able to pick up one of these board pre-made for my 1400LT and I can't see how to make it work.
    Did you get it from TexElec? He said no one had tried the card in the 1400LT, but offered to assemble one for me so I could try it in mine.

It's possible that the 1400LT doesn't recognize option ROMs on the expansion card slot. If that's the case, you'd need to either use a boot disk with a small program to execute the XT-CF card's ROM code, or patch the 1400LT's ROM to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    Did you get it from TexElec? He said no one had tried the card in the 1400LT, but offered to assemble one for me so I could try it in mine.

It's possible that the 1400LT doesn't recognize option ROMs on the expansion card slot. If that's the case, you'd need to either use a boot disk with a small program to execute the XT-CF card's ROM code, or patch the 1400LT's ROM to do so.
    I got it off of eBay already assembled. But I think you are correct.

I do remember reading something about having to boot from a floppy and do something more to make it run in a 1400LT, but I can't find that link anywhere. 8(

Hey. I just got it from the guy who made it for me. As is though, since he doesn't have 1400
    It doesn't read any flash. I tried 64, 138, 256 and 1Gb.
    I thought information about you supposed to deactivate second floppy. Not sure if that's the case
    But without any CF inside, computer is booting abd everything is OK
    Wondering if I need to update the BIOS