Image Map Image Map

Thread: A few VCFSE 6.0 photos

Default A few VCFSE 6.0 photos

VCFSE 6.0 was a real blast! There was a really good turn out, I had to wait until later for the crowd to thin to get these photos of the actual displays.

A few interesting things that happened, on Saturday there was a really, really popular keyboard display, and also in the height of activity a CRT monitor decided to let out a bunch of its magic smoke! On Sunday there was still a great turn out, and visitors were treated to a few minutes of unexpected darkness as the power went out, probably due to the rainy weather. Time to break out the slide rules! (Hopefully someone got some videos of all that)

There was also quite a bit of cool computer stuff for sale in the consignment section. I'm probably going to regret not buying more stuff there, but my wallet is thanking me.

vcfse60-1.jpg

vcfse60-2.jpg

vcfse60-3.jpg

vcfse60-4.jpg

vcfse60-5.jpg

Blog Entries

Nice. Like the Visi/Mac/Windows display.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Looks awesome. Though I wish this board didn't aggressively mangle photo attachments - the text on those nice-looking displays is unreadable.