Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TI Travelmate acting funny

Blog Entries

I'd probably go for a C-cell holder. NiMH C cells are 5Ah, just like the originals. There is no more space than 4 D cells and that is it. That probably won't fit. Anyway, right now I'm focusing my attention on my Sharp MZ-100 atleast for this weekend. Rather have 1 working battery and one half-working battery. Next week/weekend I'll do the TI. Thanks for the help. I'll post my setup so far.

Well, it shall be time to take the Sharp some places (Coffee Shop )!
    Wanted: Any old clunky 286-P1 machine that has some kind of working battery or replaceable with off the shelf parts. Preferred: 10+lbs 386 machines.

Blog Entries

Pictures as promised:

Picture 1: Configuration. I couldn't find my 2x AA battery holder when I tested this so I jerryrigged a solution. I highlighted the wires in paint because it was too hard to see.
    Picture 2: Life!
    Picture 3: Everything passes. I didn't set the clock time so it complains that it is still 1980. The clock is powered from the main battery and I did set and test it to make sure everything was good and it was.

The voltage was 10.06V off circuit and 7.85V powered up. Drops to 7.41V when it is running the floppy drive.

picturebattery.jpg
    booting.jpg
    postpass.jpg
    Wanted: Any old clunky 286-P1 machine that has some kind of working battery or replaceable with off the shelf parts. Preferred: 10+lbs 386 machines.

Blog Entries

SHARP MZ-100 PROJECT COMPLETE!!

Thanks everyone for your help.

The base of the machine.

No power adapter in sight

Ok, what is that.

Its a AA battery holder.(Yes, the battery MUST be Lithium)

Its ALIVE!!

And so is the clock battery!