Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone modded their Tandy 1100FD?

Quote Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
    But I did notice a rather high failure rate in DS/DD floppies as I was playing with my 1100FD. The floppys were formatted out of the box and most of them were just fine. But on about 5 out of 20, I got read errors and when I reformatted them in the 1100FD, they had bad areas.

Doing some searches for "matsushita EME-213AMC" (the model number on the 1100FD floppy drive), was able to locate this: https://www.floppyemulator.com/produ...ushita-eme213/.

Supposedly, this will provide an interface that will let me use a GOTEK drive in my 1100FD.
    I looked at that but they wan $35 shipping for a $29 part. I ordered a floppy adapter on ebay for 24 pin to 34 pin drives but never got around to testing it out, my plan was to mount a flashfloppy emulator (without case) in some empty space in the case and use a USB extension cable and add a port and two buttons in the expansion plate are in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by keenerb View Post
    I ordered a floppy adapter on ebay for 24 pin to 34 pin drives but never got around to testing it out
    If it's this one, I can confirm that it works. This is the same one that I bought. It looks like it's from the same place I bought mine. So it looks like they got some extra money out of me for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by keenerb View Post
    my plan was to mount a flashfloppy emulator (without case) in some empty space in the case and use a USB extension cable and add a port and two buttons in the expansion plate are in the back.
    Hmmm... I might give that a shot in my other Tandy 100FD. There's plenty of space if I remove the floppy drive. It would just be a matter of redoing where the buttons and display go.

Battery question.

As long as I don't have the battery plugged in when I hook it up to AC power, could I replace the battery with something like this.