Image Map Image Map

Thread: New CFFA3000

Blog Entries

Default New CFFA3000

I finally got 2 board numbers and an approximate shipping date for the new CFFA3000. Rich is doing a great job with this new run of the boards.

He has more available but I wouldn't wait too long. Has anyone received their new board yet?
    Here are the Apple II boards I have that would be hard for me to live without:
    CFFA3000
    Uthernet II (new version coming soon)
    Floppy emu

What I wish would be released - Apple IIpi cards.
    Kaypro 1,2,II,2X,10 Apple IIe Apple IIgs Commodore 128d, 64 IBM 5160 Ampro littleboard

I received my board a couple of weeks ago.

I want to get an Uthernet II. What Floppy emulator do you use and do you really need one with a CFFA3000 installed?

Blog Entries

I have the floppy emu model B (I think). I have a IIgs and IIe with SCSI setups and it make system setup much easier, also works great with Classic Mac's.
    The latest Uthernet II is in beta testing now. Using ADTPro with the Uthernet II is spectacular. Running ADTPro on a windows or linux machine in one room and accessing the files on your Apple II in another room (requires ethernet cable access) is frequently very helpful.
    If you get one and have trouble with the setup don't hesitate to ask me for assistance. It was real simple once I figured it out - like a lot of computer things.
    Kaypro 1,2,II,2X,10 Apple IIe Apple IIgs Commodore 128d, 64 IBM 5160 Ampro littleboard

Im with Alphasite. I want a uthernet also, Glenn sent out an email a couple weeks ago stating he was going to make a beta release of about 50 boards for a new design. After testing he will have a release. I wish him luck on his testing.

Still waiting on a release date for my CFFA3000, look like at least a couple weeks out. I also have a floppy emu which I have been relatively satisfied with (seems everynow and again the device glitches at power on and need to reboot.. loose connection maybe). Ironically Steve Chamberlin the maker says he wants to redesign the unit also.

Ive been doing alot of reading, and Id like to get an apple 1 clone and a cffa for apple 1 to go along with it.

On another note now that I got another Apple II plus restored, I was looking into buying an ultrawarp for my apple II plus :https://www.reactivemicro.com/produc...z-accelerator/

guys have any opinions on it?

Quote Originally Posted by phogren View Post
    I have the floppy emu model B (I think). I have a IIgs and IIe with SCSI setups and it make system setup much easier, also works great with Classic Mac's.
    The latest Uthernet II is in beta testing now. Using ADTPro with the Uthernet II is spectacular. Running ADTPro on a windows or linux machine in one room and accessing the files on your Apple II in another room (requires ethernet cable access) is frequently very helpful.
    If you get one and have trouble with the setup don't hesitate to ask me for assistance. It was real simple once I figured it out - like a lot of computer things.
    I've looked at the description of Floppy Emu Model B. Since the CFFA3000 will mount disk images as floppy drives what does the floppy emulator do that the CFFA3000 can't? I'll buy one if it will help. I haven't bought an external 5.25" or 3.5" drive yet.

The other card I'd like to find is an ALS "The CP/M Card".