Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System 7.5 Help (Performa 550)

Quote Originally Posted by autofliper8650 View Post
    I don't think it's really copyrighted anymore if apple gave it away freely.
    It doesn't matter if Apple distributed it for free or charged for it, it's still copyrighted software.

I will gladly pay there time and shipping. GiGaBiTe I am using a newer Mac with High Sierra.
    I gave you links to System 7.5.x and to HFV Explorer, did you try to make your own disks / CD first?

If that doesn't work, you can install basilisk II, a 68k Mac emulator and do it that way:

https://www.emaculation.com/forum/vi...cb9513f26b0eba

You'll need a Mac ROM image for Basilisk II to work, don't ask me where to get one of these.

Blog Entries

Corey I am located in the PNW of the US.It would be really awesome if someone could help me with physical media, I don't think it's really copyrighted anymore if apple gave it away freely.
    Where specifically? Seattle? Portland? Spokane? Somewhere in between? There's a number of good people up and down the coast.
    = Excellent space heater

3. Default

I am just outside Missoula. gigabyte what do I need to make the disks? A USB floppy drive for my MAC and some 1.44MB disks? Will the Proforma boot from a floppy?

The Performa 550 has an internal built-in floppy drive, you don't need an external floppy (nor does it really support one.)

You just need a PC with a floppy drive and normal 1.44 MB floppy disks to write disk images on the PC.

OK I tried the holding the shift key down on boot up and no luck, it boots up to what looks like a normal System 7 desktop but hardly anything can be used and just a few programs work, Kid Pix and some typing program...
    If holding the shift key got you to the desktop, you can open the system folder and then Extensions and remove the offending program. There may be an Extensions (Disabled) folder, if not, create one and put what you remove in there. There may also be something in the Control Panels folder, so check it as well and move to Control Panels (Disabled) the same way as with the Extensions.

Shut down and try a normal boot. If you removed everything no longer needed, you should be good to go. Otherwise, try shift-boot again and look for other pieces of the lockdown program.

The Mac needs a full boot to be fully functional, when you hold down shift, it's disabling lots of needful things besides that which you don't need/want.

0Ed