Image Map Image Map

Thread: any chance there is a version of oregon trail I could run on my mbc775?

Default any chance there is a version of oregon trail I could run on my mbc775?

I'm looking to get a compact flash adapter for it and would love to be able to run some version of Oregon trail. Maybe even an arcade game of some sort. It does have an 8 mhz processor and 16 colors.

Blog Entries

Oregon Trail: Not sure but the early releases were expected to run on most MS-DOS compatibles.

MBC 775 is supposed to run all 55x software so http://www.eriscreations.com/sanyo/diskimages_1.html might have an arcade game worth trying.

So ... the MBC775 (and -885?) are only compatible with earlier Sanyo models, and don't offer any additional IBM compatibility? If that's so that's disappointing, as I thought the 775 was mostly pc compatible. Perhaps not quite as much as say a Tandy 1000, but most of the way there.

From what I've read its hit and miss mostly pc compatible. I really want to add a HDD, sd, or compact flash and a couple nice games to put in my game room/office.

Blog Entries

The only way to find out is to try. Flight Simulator didn't work when the system came out, so it's likely that only BIOS-compatible graphics work (Flight Simulator sets up the video mode by talking to video ports/registers directly).
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)
    - Any very old/ugly IBM joystick (such as the Franklin JS-123)