Image Map Image Map
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 226

Thread: HELP ! i am about at my wit's end with windows, may make the jump to linux

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Principality of Xeon
    Posts
    1,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Old" and "childish" certainly are insulting terms, get a grip with regards to all that. And if I like the way something works, and there's no good reason to change it, and it changes, and I complain, that doesn't make me old (though I am, 51). I take insults, whether intended to be or not, much better then a lot of people, because I could give a rat's patootey what people say about me. But I am aware when someone is being abrasive and in all likelihood that's where meaningful discussion grinds to a halt.

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scali View Post
    See my point above. It doesn't look like some people here have the least intention to work towards a solution by themselves. vwestlife did not even respond to a PM I sent previously.
    Hence my call for moderators to help work it out (I mean, for crying out loud, they are actually pulling quotes from *other* threads now, and re-posting them here).
    Scali,

    Quite frankly, if you are involved in a thread there is a high chance it will end the way this thread has ended - derailed, with you flagging every other post as abusive because people are calling you out for your bad behavior. This is why I won't bother to reply to a thread where you are involved, and I'm sure others have figured this out too. Your participation often turns threads toxic.

    Learn how to get along with others on these forums. This is the 3rd or fourth time this has happened in the last few months.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Principality of Xeon
    Posts
    1,861
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    And just a couple more points if I may. Invoking the "old" term when someone wants to switch from one os to another is pretty laughable. I remember this guy in my assembler class, he was 70 if he was a zygote, and frankly was putting many of the whipper snappers to shame. He was kicking their arses to be blunt.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,189

    Default

    Man is this still going on? When is the last time the original poster chimed in before this post was robbed from him?

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    Scali,

    Quite frankly, if you are involved in a thread there is a high chance it will end the way this thread has ended - derailed, with you flagging every other post as abusive because people are calling you out for your bad behavior. This is why I won't bother to reply to a thread where you are involved, and I'm sure others have figured this out too. Your participation often turns threads toxic.

    Learn how to get along with others on these forums. This is the 3rd or fourth time this has happened in the last few months.
    Still pissed off about the time you made a fool out of yourself in that thread on Vogons, I see.
    I'm a nice guy really. Some people just don't get along with me. Usually it's people like you, people who have a big mouth and can't back it up. Sooner or later they trip up and bruise their ego. Then they take it out on others.
    I even bothered to send you a PM and talk it out a few times, but no, you felt too good for that.
    You have already abused your moderator status against me on this forum before (and hey, back then vwestlife was involved as well, what a coincidence!), because you still can't get over yourself, and here you are, doing it again.
    Passive-aggressive behavior, paired with actively setting up people against me.

    All because you think of yourself as the one and only authority on PCjr, and couldn't handle being wrong. By the way, you were pretty toxic in that thread. And this post of yours is again very toxic.
    Nice going hotshot. And you can drop the holier-than-thou guise.

    Oh and for the record, I participate in many threads on this board, and most of the time there is no problem at all. The last two threads involved the same few people who are clearly troublemakers, where, as pointed out, quotes from the previous thread were even taken to continue things in this thread. Yet you blame it on me? If anyone can't see right through that, I don't know what is wrong with the world.
    Last edited by Scali; May 11th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    And just a couple more points if I may. Invoking the "old" term when someone wants to switch from one os to another is pretty laughable. I remember this guy in my assembler class, he was 70 if he was a zygote, and frankly was putting many of the whipper snappers to shame. He was kicking their arses to be blunt.
    Erm, that is exactly my point... 'old' as a frame of mind, as I already tried to explain elsewhere.
    Not in terms of how many years you've spent on this planet.
    That guy was probably still very young in terms of his mind. He can kick ass because he can adapt to problems and adjust to whatever the situation calls for.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,189

    Default

    Is your life that miserable that you come on here to piss others off? I pity you.

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scali View Post
    Still pissed off about the time you made a fool out of yourself in that thread on Vogons, I see.
    I'm a nice guy really. Some people just don't get along with me. Usually it's people like you, people who have a big mouth and can't back it up. Sooner or later they trip up and bruise their ego. Then they take it out on others.
    I even bothered to send you a PM and talk it out a few times, but no, you felt too good for that.
    You have already abused your moderator status against me on this forum before, because you still can't get over yourself, and here you are, doing it again.
    Passive-aggressive behavior, paired with actively setting up people against me.

    All because you think of yourself as the one and only authority on PCjr, and couldn't handle being wrong. By the way, you were pretty toxic in that thread. And this post of yours is again very toxic.
    Nice going hotshot. And you can drop the holier-than-thou guise.

    Oh and for the record, I participate in many threads on this board, and most of the time there is no problem at all. The last two threads involved the same few people who are clearly troublemakers, where, as pointed out, quotes from the previous thread were even taken to continue things in this thread. Yet you blame it on me? If anyone can't see right through that, I don't know what is wrong with the world.
    You have abused the "flag this post" function of the forum a few too many times. Moderators are not here to clean up your personal messes.

    On a personal note, my personal policy is not to wrestle with pigs - they just enjoy it and you wind up getting dirty. I don't respond to your personal messages anymore because it's just pointless. People can read the thread on vogon's for their own amusement, and I'm sure it's not going to reflect well on you.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    You have abused the "flag this post" function of the forum a few too many times. Moderators are not here to clean up your personal messes.
    No, you let the mess happen, and actively egg on people to make more of a mess. That is what is happening. I'm pretty sure you've overplayed your hand this time, and people will start seeing through you.

  10. #130

    Default

    Really? I derailed this thread with my first post starting at post #117?

    Time for you to take a time out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •