Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FreHD Problems

Is there any way to do this with a GUI on a computer or does it all have to be done via command line?

I guess I’ve been spoiled by TRSTools.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    Is there any way to do this with a GUI on a computer or does it all have to be done via command line?

I guess I’ve been spoiled by TRSTools.
    LOL yeah, you've been spoiled.

Thing I love about these computers is the Ready prompt asking you to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    LOL yeah, you've been spoiled.

Thing I love about these computers is the Ready prompt asking you to do something.
    Well normally I dont mind, but I have a lot of games I want to move over.

Where's the best place to find FreHD documentation? On the CD that came with the FreHD or is there a website?

Also, is it possible to use TRSTools to make a hard drive image and then make it auto bootable by FreHD? I thought there was a way to do that with the FreHD tools, but that might have been to create new auto boot partitions, not make something auto boot.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest View Post
    Well normally I dont mind, but I have a lot of games I want to move over.

Where's the best place to find FreHD documentation? On the CD that came with the FreHD or is there a website?

Also, is it possible to use TRSTools to make a hard drive image and then make it auto bootable by FreHD? I thought there was a way to do that with the FreHD tools, but that might have been to create new auto boot partitions, not make something auto boot.
    There might be, but not sure. What I would do is create a 80 track double sided disk with TRSTOOLS, Format it in an emulator for LDOS.
    Then open it up with TRSTOOLS and drop all your games in it. Then copy that to the SD Card, and mount it with SYSTEM (DRIVE=7,enable,driver="DSK/DCT") and put in the filename of your disk drive with . instead a /. The Enable might not take the first time, just do a SYSTEM (DRIVE=7,enable). Then you can copy all day long.

Each image will be 720K. Thats quite a bit.

Make sure the disk image is a small name, like MOVER/DSK. Works much better if its longer you will likely have to press SHIFT,CLEAR,; to get a ~ and that works but still...

Yes, a while ago I moved lots of games into my FreHD Newdos 80 disk image partitions. TRS-Tools only recognised the first partition hence I did it the good old fashion way...using IMPORT/CMD. It was laborious, but you only need to do it once.

Specifically, here's what I found with TRStools 1.13 and a number of different FreHD images I had....

- With non-autoboot images of TRSDOS6, LDOS and LSDOS, partitions can be seen.
    - With autoboot images of LDOS and LSDOS just the first partition can be seen. Other partitions cannot be seen.
    - With autoboot AND non-autoboot images of NEWDOS 80/2.5 just the first partition can be seen. Other partitions cannot be seen.
    - With autoboot and non-autoboot images of CP/M, the directory listing is there, but does not show the right characters.

Tez
    ------------------------------------------------
    My vintage collection: https://classic-computers.org.nz/collection/
    My vintage activities blog: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/
    Twitter: @classiccomputNZ ; YouTube Videos: (click here)

Yep that’s what I saw too. I wonder why that is? Oh well, I guess import/export it is then.