Image Map Image Map

Thread: FM Tuner Card Identification

Default FM Tuner Card Identification

Hello,

I found this listing on ebay:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Express-FM-R...l2649#shpCntId

For an FM radio card only 2 hours from me, and it seems to come complete with drivers, antenna, and all other cables, even a user guide. Inexpensive as well.

Only I am having trouble seeing what Operating System it has compatible drivers/software for.

I saw a card almost exactly the same as this on google that was pulled from a 486 system, though it said v1.0 and not v1.1.

I want to put this into my Compaq Prolinea 4/66 machine which is obviously 486 based at 66mhz. It runs DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1.

Could anyone help me see if this would be compatible? I tried searching on google, but I can't find anything, results I get are mostly not even related to this. I keep getting a website for some "Express FM" radio station....
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

Blog Entries

That internal blue header is bringing back strong memories of Packard Bells' Aztech sound card. It had a black header on the board for an optional TV tuner and a blue header for an optional FM tuner.
    So surprise, that card you are looking at also goes under the name of the Aztech Sound Galaxy FM Radio Card. I know under Windows 95 at least it worked with Navigator and the bundled program. The TV tuner I know especially had a Win 3.1 style interface.

= Excellent space heater

so,

no dos or windows 3.1 versions?
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

yes, I have tracked down and installed the software for it. It has no problem installing and running on Windows 3.1!

Just bought the card, it's mine! all mine!
    Last edited by ScanDisk; May 13th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries

I was going to say, there was a good chance that it would work fine under Windows 3.1 but you already found out.
    = Excellent space heater