Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Chavez - BettaBlue

That sucks, I wasn't aware of his passing either. I'd sent him a fair bit of stuff for basically shipping due to his being on a limited income, was always nice to see it immediately put to use!

This is the last communications I had with Thomas, He had been in and out of the hospital then, but was excited about the Tandy Project.

"As always, i hope my message finds you in good health. I honestly hope to hear that you AND Deb are doing well.

As for me; well, so far this holiday season and the weeks so far this year, I have been in and out of the hospital for several weeks at a time. That being said, I have begun work on upgrading my TRS-80 Model 4. I have had some luck in locating the 64K memory kit ($40.00) and swapping out the two full height 180K single sided floppy drives in favor of twin full hight 360K double sided disk drives.

Fortunately, I already have the floppy disk drives. In a pair, the price plus shipping could have cost nearly $75.00 each!!! Instead, I pulled two floppy disk drives from a couple of IBM 5150/5160 computers. I’ll replace the floppy disk drives later. "

It was always a pleasure to hear from Thomas and how exited her was about a new project. I send emails to the addresses I have, but have not heard back. I don't know if his wife Kris is checking any or them or not.

I know she had her own health issues.

Jimmy

Thanks for letting us know this sad news. I also had a few communications both on and off forums with Thomas.

Tez
    ------------------------------------------------
    My vintage collection: https://classic-computers.org.nz/collection/
    My vintage activities blog: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/
    Twitter: @classiccomputNZ ; YouTube Videos: (click here)

I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. I always enjoyed our PM conversations. He was such a sweet guy and he'll be missed.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I have had some luck in locating the 64K memory kit ($40.00) and swapping out the two full height 180K single sided floppy drives in favor of twin full hight 360K double sided disk drives.
    Yeah, I was the one that was going to swap him the memory kit for the 180K drives he took out of the Model 4.

Unfortunately, he used an old account and the kit went to his old address, never to be heard about again.

Kris said he was going back into the hospital right after that and I never heard from either of them again. I was pretty sure why and this thread confirmed that.

I'll miss answering all his Model 4 questions.....
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Blog Entries

Quite a few people who frequent here are older, I guess age catches up to us all sooner or later.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems