Image Map Image Map

Thread: Thomas Chavez - BettaBlue

Default Thomas Chavez - BettaBlue

I don't recall if there was a post on here but something I was doing today made me think of him and how sad I am that he passed on last month. I'm posting now just in case there wasn't a post last month.

-Daniel
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161
    Modern Equipment: ThinkPad X61 * Alienware 15R3 Loaded

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post
    I don't recall if there was a post on here but something I was doing today made me think of him and how sad I am that he passed on last month. I'm posting now just in case there wasn't a post last month.

-Daniel
    That's real sad. I considered Thomas to be a friend. He endured a long and tough battle.

RIP Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post

-Daniel
    Thanks Daniel for making this post. I was not yet aware of Tom's passing. This is very sad news, indeed.

smp

I had quite a few dealings with Thomas. I knew his health was not the best but this is the first time I heard this sad new.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

That is sad to hear.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Daniel:

Thank you for posting. I had no idea Thomas had passed away.

He was a neat guy. He loved restoring “Alice”.

Jimmy

Blog Entries

I spent many messages helping him with his 5161, and he got excited enough to try to start a 5161 serial number/owners database. I didn't know that he had passed I'm very sad to hear this. He was truly entertained by the hobby, never seeming frustrated by it.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)
    - Any very old/ugly IBM joystick (such as the Franklin JS-123)

I lost a good friend too. So saddened by his passing away. He had a long bout losing bout. Will miss him
    *FrankG*

I didn't know he was sick. Sorry to hear of his passing.