Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MIRE board

I had another thought. What about having 48K on the MIRE 2.0 board with the option of disabling the 16K that would overlap the memory in the Model I? That way if you had an issue with bad memory in the Model I you could just remove it.

2. Default

Let's just say it's too late... the MIRE 1.1 boards are in and are undergoing assembly and test. So far so good but I didn't manage my inventory very well, leaving a serious shortage of SD cards, so boards won't be generally available until that issue is resolved. I've got enough for everyone who has already told me they want one, though. The final MIRE 1.0 board has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zwerko View Post
    Let's just say it's too late... the MIRE 1.1 boards are in and are undergoing assembly and test. So far so good but I didn't manage my inventory very well, leaving a serious shortage of SD cards, so boards won't be generally available until that issue is resolved. I've got enough for everyone who has already told me they want one, though. The final MIRE 1.0 board has been sold.
    I didn't know you were that far along. What changes have you made for 1.1?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    I didn't know you were that far along. What changes have you made for 1.1?
    Very minimal changes. The only functional difference is that DIP switch #2 (which formerly did nothing) now forces the PIC processor into bootloader mode, in case someone inadvertently programs it with the wrong firmware. This should never be needed. I also added an AC coupling capacitor on the audio output, which also makes very little difference.

A few PCB traces got moved, a few drill hole sizes got changed. The integrated heat sink got smaller. A couple more PCB corners got beveled.

The most noticeable change is that the 1.1 boards are all fancied up with immersion gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zwerko View Post
    Very minimal changes. The only functional difference is that DIP switch #2 (which formerly did nothing) now forces the PIC processor into bootloader mode, in case someone inadvertently programs it with the wrong firmware. This should never be needed. I also added an AC coupling capacitor on the audio output, which also makes very little difference.

A few PCB traces got moved, a few drill hole sizes got changed. The integrated heat sink got smaller. A couple more PCB corners got beveled.

The most noticeable change is that the 1.1 boards are all fancied up with immersion gold.
    Okay. I was waiting for you to announce you were going ahead to say that I wanted another one.

Please add me to the list.

6. Default

Everyone who expressed interest in obtaining a MIRE board following version 1.0 production now has one in their happy hands.

I'm going to start slowly assembling and testing another batch soon, so send me an email if you want to be on the list.

</sales pitch>

http://BartlettLabs.com

BartlettLabs@comcast.net

7. Default

...and immediately after I posted that my SMD hot air station died.

Never fear, higher-end replacement is on the way from within the US.

SO want one of these. Wish I had the money for one...
    -----[ Al ]-----

3 - TRS-80 Model I, TRS-80 Model 4D, LNW-80 Model I, Coco, 3 - Coco 2, Coco 3, 2 - Tano Dragon 64, C64, C64c, C128, 2 - Atari 800XL,
    Atari 520-ST, Atari Mega-2 ST, Amiga 1000, TS-1000, TS-2068, ZX-Spectrum, IBM 5150, 2 - Apple ][gs, Laser 128, and a butt load of Macs and Intel PCs.