Image Map Image Map

Thread: Ubuntus snap repository had malware.

Blog Entries

Default Ubuntus snap repository had malware.

Last edited by Caluser2000; May 17th, 2018 at 08:08 PM.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Blog Entries

I've never used the Ubuntu store. I'm backward and prefer to find my applications and PPAs the hard way.

Blog Entries

The two applications actually contained crypocurreny miners. The chap that created said he'd give any gains to Ubuntu. Snap seems to be a way of making applications easier to install on Linux systems, similar to iOS/Andriod/Windows stores. It seems a number of distros have adopted it. Introduced with Ubuntu 16.04 from what I can gather. It requires systemd so that rules Devuan out.

https://snapcraft.io/store
    Last edited by Caluser2000; May 17th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."