Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRS 80 - Model II data

Thanks for the great info. Looks like Iíll have a chance to try it very soon. Iím assuming Iíll need to learn a programming language. Any suggestions on what would be the easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeano33 View Post
    Thanks for the great info. Looks like Iíll have a chance to try it very soon. Iím assuming Iíll need to learn a programming language. Any suggestions on what would be the easiest
    BASIC will be available on the disks I send you and its a still a great beginner's language.

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    Sun collectors hate us, but those Sun keyboards used very high quality foam pads compared to the ones found in the Tandys. I've sacrificed a few type 4 keyboards, but always with a little bit of guilt. I've tried making my own, but it's a pain to do it right and I don't have that kind of patience. I'm excited to see someone selling complete foam pads now so I will give them a shot.
    In my opinion, and its just mine, the pads are about the only thing nice that has that logo on it. Never enjoyed Solaris, and post Oracle merger, it just went down hill from there. I consider it freeing the pads from repression

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    In my opinion, and its just mine, the pads are about the only thing nice that has that logo on it. Never enjoyed Solaris, and post Oracle merger, it just went down hill from there. I consider it freeing the pads from repression
    Tonight I started to rebuild one of my 12/16B/6000 keyboards. I removed the first plunger and picked up one of the Sun plungers to move over the foam&foil pad and noticed the plunger is exactly the same. When I rebuilt a Model II keyboard the plungers were different so I had to pop the pad out of the Sun plunger and move it to the Model II plunger.

I need to scrub the case, clean the keycaps, and give the bezel and mounting plate a good cleaning. Having the plungers the same will really speed up the rebuild after the cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Tonight I started to rebuild one of my 12/16B/6000 keyboards. I removed the first plunger and picked up one of the Sun plungers to move over the foam&foil pad and noticed the plunger is exactly the same. When I rebuilt a Model II keyboard the plungers were different so I had to pop the pad out of the Sun plunger and move it to the Model II plunger.

I need to scrub the case, clean the keycaps, and give the bezel and mounting plate a good cleaning. Having the plungers the same will really speed up the rebuild after the cleaning.
    I think it took 30 minutes to do the whole thing once I realized a few things, where to pry it out with the right size precision tool, and unfortunately I have lost to 200 disks scattered all over the place LOL.

I'm going to buy the texelec set now.

I purchased a disk from eBay that appears to be in good shape. It will not boot. My crt says boot dc error. I started reading other threads and trying a few things and I think the stepper motor doesnít spin the way it should. Without power applied it spins but it takes some effort. You could not classify it as spinning easily and freely. Has anyone taken one of these apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeano33 View Post
    I purchased a disk from eBay that appears to be in good shape. It will not boot. My crt says boot dc error. I started reading other threads and trying a few things and I think the stepper motor doesn’t spin the way it should. Without power applied it spins but it takes some effort. You could not classify it as spinning easily and freely. Has anyone taken one of these apart?
    Start by checking your voltages coming to the drive. Do you mean spindle motor? The stepper should not spin easily.

Checking voltages...hmmmm sounds like a great idea. Where to I check those and what range am I looking for. Sounds likes it time to buy a tech manual. I did take the spindle motor apart and it was all gummed up. After a good clean and lube it seems fine(I guess) but I still get the boot DC error. It could be the disk Looking forward to getting a few known good disks. On another note I took the printer apart and cleaned it. Boy that thing is built like a battle ship. Seems to pwr up and work fine Model #26-1166