Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VT100 Keyboard keys?

Default VT100 Keyboard keys?

I have been looking for some time for a complete keyboard for my VT100, recently managed to ge one, but it is missing a few keys, Are the keys specific to the VT 100 keyboards, or were they used on other keyboards, or such like? Anyone found alternatives that fit/work?
    thanks,

Harry

The VT-100 keyboard is believed to be made by Hi-Tek, here's a wiki page for reference:

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Hi-Tek_High_Profile

You might be able to find the missing keycaps on a similiar computer, but they are all rare at this point.

CW

Blog Entries

I have a few parts keyboards. What specific keys are you lacking?

Jack

Hi Jack, Missing keys are.... large 'SetUp' key ... top arrow key pointing 'right' ,... ' PF4' key , large '0' key in numeral keys, and finally the ...' =+ ' key
    If you have, or can supply any, or all of these, that would be great! please pm me if you can help.
    thanks
    Harry

Bitly.. thanks for wiki page , interesting stuff,

I too believe that these were either made by HI-TEK or are some knockoff. At Vulcan Scrap in Stamford CT some years back I saw a number of HI-TEK keyboards without keys, but with plungers and springs, so I bought some to get replacement plungers (see this earlier thread for reference: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...-repair-advice it's a really good thread!). At the time, it was for my VT52s. Vulcan used to get a lot of surplus from Perkin Elmer, so there must be some PE keyboards that also were from HI-TEK. Over the years I have found that these plungers fit VT100, LA36, LA34 keyboards as well as the ones in my HP 83 and 85. The keycaps all fit in the same plungers, however the keycaps themselves are all differently angled and contoured (for ergonomics, or not.)

Lou
    Last edited by Lou - N2MIY; May 23rd, 2018 at 05:16 PM.

Lou,
    Thanks for link to the earlier thread, and for your findings, It seems getting replacement keys was never going to be easy, but I do now have a better understanding of the keyboard, and its repair. I am at present working on the dead psu from the VT, so still time before I can try out the recent keyboard. Meanwhile I Hope Jack may have some spare keys.

...Harry

Blog Entries

Harry,

I'm can't help you with much, but I do have the arrow and 0 keys for you. Cover postage and they are yours.
    PM me with your mailing info and I'll get them out to you.

Jack

Jack,
    Thanks for your kind help, ... Pm sent.

Harry

May be anybody made the keycaps model for the 3D printing?

I have the same problem - old keyboard without 5 keys - 3, Up arrow, A, C and big 0.

Does anyone know if the TI99/4A Hi-Tek keyboards can be used as a source of parts for repairing a VT-52 keyboard?