Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value for old PC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenhello View Post
    I had to put in anew power supply, the original one died.
    I'm hoping you kept it. New owner would likely repair the original to keep it looking original.

All original model A with boxes/software etc would be worth a pretty penny.
    Outside my price range for sure.
    WTB: IBM RT Parts and Accessories, and AOS.
    Twitter / Discord / YouTube / Twitch

The original parts PS, original plastic clip to fill in that RS232 hole in the back are seriously important.

Are the drives one sided or two?

What is the bios number?

Photo of the MB showing RAM size and switches.

Photo of other boards in the system.

Photos of the drives.

You may have a rare early system; however, many were modified and hacked worth a lot less. I'm guessing as it sits $500 if it can be put back to original specs with original boxes substantially more.

If it got upgraded to double sided drives and a 256K MB then $200 unless someone wants the boxes. The more original the higher the value. I've seen a perfect one hit $3000+ a couple years ago but I'v seen many nice ones under $1000.

Your pictures are very poor quality.

framer

Has it been sold?

OP, if you are selling it on Ebay, getting a local buyer is going to be difficult cause Ebay will bust you if you discuss anything with the buyer about purchasing locally, or giving your phone number or address. I got in trouble once and had a 3 day account probation, but it could've been worse. In this case, It doesn't make sense to me for Ebay to even have the option for a local buyer in the listing creator page. Are you supposed to have a separate listing from the one you set as "free local pickup"? I don't know.

Can't you include something like "Local pickup welcome," or "Local pickup possible?" I seem to recall seeing those in ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Can't you include something like "Local pickup welcome," or "Local pickup possible?" I seem to recall seeing those in ads.
    Yes you can. You can say "local pickups welcome" and make sure to make it one of your shipping terms.

framer

Quote Originally Posted by computerdude92 View Post
    OP, if you are selling it on Ebay, getting a local buyer is going to be difficult cause Ebay will bust you if you discuss anything with the buyer about purchasing locally, or giving your phone number or address. I got in trouble once and had a 3 day account probation, but it could've been worse. In this case, It doesn't make sense to me for Ebay to even have the option for a local buyer in the listing creator page. Are you supposed to have a separate listing from the one you set as "free local pickup"? I don't know.
    They will restrict emails if it has a telephone number or email address, but I never got in trouble. Maybe because I did it as a buyer. There are ways of encoding things, but their software has learned a lot, probably from me . It's only a matter of time before it becomes self aware. That happened to me in my teens when my pits started to smell.