Image Map Image Map

Thread: SCSI to IDE adapter on compact MAC SE

Default SCSI to IDE adapter on compact MAC SE

So I was given another MAC SE a couple days ago. HArd drive is shot and the floppy needed repair (seems a small child shoved pieces of wood, a paper clip, and a penny into it) The other scsi hard drive I had appears to bed dead as well. What I did find in my ole bag of adapters was this: https://www.amazon.com/ACARD-AEC-772.../dp/B003EWD0F8

Ive had it a bunch of years and never tried it out, I think I pulled it from an external CD-ROM enclosure.

Does anyone have any experience with this device or bus changers like it? Id like to use it to add an IDE drive to an SE if possible.

I've never personally used one, but I was aware of them being a thing. You can also use a SCA to 50-pin adapter and use newer SCA drives with old Macs. They usually won't fit inside the case well with the adapter, and usually generate too much heat to be a long-term internal solution. I just use an external enclosure!

Compact Macs do sometimes get stuffed with junk from kids. I had a Classic II whose floppy drive was full of plastic nickels.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    Compact Macs do sometimes get stuffed with junk from kids. I had a Classic II whose floppy drive was full of plastic nickels.
    Reminds me of a Dennis Leary Comedy album where his kid put a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich into the slot in his VCR..