Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutte Microvax II

Default Gutte Microvax II

Does this represent any value? Basically all the boards are gone. The power supply was separated and was stored in an open shed. one side panel amongst other things are missing. I need the casters for a project, but before I scrap it I thought I'd ask.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    Does this represent any value? Basically all the boards are gone. The power supply was separated and was stored in an open shed. one side panel amongst other things are missing. I need the casters for a project, but before I scrap it I thought I'd ask.
    So basically just a q-bus backplane? does the psu still work? Probably usefull for some one. where is it is the big question. stick a state in your profile and we will see it on your posts
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

New Jersey

The enclosure by itself does have some value, yes.

Blog Entries

could you put a pdp/11 in one of these?
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Yes, plenty of option and storage slots if it is a BA213 also.

How much value? The thing may have some paint on it from the prior owner, not a ton, but will need attention to that. Like I said missing 1 metal panel, perhaps a plastic door came off. I kept it around to move stuff that was too awkward to carry. It has to be worth my while to pack and ship (and worth the buyer's while, it's likely to cost 100$ or more unless you're across the street). Anyone want to make an offer with the p/s, o/w I take the casters off and scrap the rest.

It'd probably be good if you posted some photo's then people would know what you have.

A few photos would help tremendously, as well as a description of what would be included, as you mentioned that you need the casters for something else?

Thanks,

smp

I've always wondered why DEC used these strange unidirectional wheels. IME they make the cabinet a bit of a pig to move around (except sideways of course).