Image Map Image Map

Thread: SHARP PC 1211 software library in audio WAV - project

Default SHARP PC 1211 software library in audio WAV - project

Hi All,
    I have a proposal to create a software library for SHARP PC 1211 (= TRS80 PC-1) in audio format (WAV, mp3, ...)
    I'll create and test loading of one or more programs in the audio WAV from the application manual and upload them. I'll simply record them using CE-121 connected to a desktop computer If more enthusiasts are interested in this project, then contribute to this thread and we could create a library similar to the nice existing wav software library pro SHARP PC-1500.
    Regards,
    Michael

I'd like more details on how you go this to work. What kind of desktop are you using? If it's a true desktop, what is your audio sound input "card"? What software are you using to record the audio and are you post processing it?

I tried this for the PC-1 using a MacBook Pro and an iRig adapter which I use all the time to record Apple, Altair and Processor Tech audio files and I could not get it to work even if I messed with the audio file to raise the "gain". I had no problems with the PC-2.

I didn't try my ancient HP laptop.

Cheers,
    Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Corey986 View Post
    I'd like more details on how you go this to work. What kind of desktop are you using? If it's a true desktop, what is your audio sound input "card"? What software are you using to record the audio and are you post processing it?

I tried this for the PC-1 using a MacBook Pro and an iRig adapter which I use all the time to record Apple, Altair and Processor Tech audio files and I could not get it to work even if I messed with the audio file to raise the "gain". I had no problems with the PC-2.

I didn't try my ancient HP laptop.

Cheers,
    Corey
    I've already tried it and this worked perfectly:

I wrote a program to PC 1211, then connected the red CE-121 output to desktop (PC with CPU Intel Core i7-2600K, this shouldn't matter) with Windows 7 and used the simple standard Windows 7 program audio record. The resulted WAV was then played by BSPlayer. I connected the grey input jack of CE-121 to output PC plug to headphone. I used software sound booster and increased output volume to 250% of maximum and the program was flawlessly written into SHARP PC 1211.

I uploaded one program created by the above method, it's memory test game, load it, press SHFT A and enjoy!
    hp35.wz.cz/1211/memory.wma