Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRS 80 Desk For Sale

Default TRS 80 Desk For Sale

I know there are a few of you who may have an interest (not my ad - just came across it this morning):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRS-80-desk...YAAOSwx95bD1Pi
    8-Bit Family: Epson QX-10 w/ ComFiler 10MB HD | Kaypro 2X | TRS 80 Model I | TRS 80 CoCo 1,2 & 3 | TRS 80 M4 & 4D

My brother lives about 30 miles from there if you need it picked up and stored.

Kelly

I’ve thought about it. It’s about a four hour drive one-way for me.

The modesty panel with the fan is on backwards. The fan is supposed to be behind the disk drives.

Tom

The table top looks like it has a bow in it. These Model I System Desks are notorious for this issue. The particle board top is too thin and there is no center support. Unlike the Model II desk which has a much thicker table top and a third center support. IMHO, it's way overpriced especially given its condition. And to top it all off, the seller is bumping up the price.

Also, they drilled holes on the other side where the fan would be if the panel was on right. That just makes me mad....well not really.

For the bowing, brand new in the box one bowed as well as soon as it was put together, mine did not come with the drive bay, so I'm building one (Once I get the dimension from someone with one ), and I plan to put a little support behind it that will stiffen that area some. Even the Model III system desk bowed.

Blog Entries

He's also selling a Model I https://www.ebay.com/itm/RadioShack-...8AAOSwhHJbDrjD "Didn't realize the(y) were so collectable."

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    The table top looks like it has a bow in it. These Model I System Desks are notorious for this issue. The particle board top is too thin and there is no center support. Unlike the Model II desk which has a much thicker table top and a third center support. IMHO, it's way overpriced especially given its condition. And to top it all off, the seller is bumping up the price.
    Wow, no bids so increase the price?

Man, it sold for $550. Did someone here buy it? ( Don't worry, this is a "no judgement" zone! )

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    Man, it sold for $550. Did someone here buy it? ( Don't worry, this is a "no judgement" zone! )
    It wasn't me. I'd like one but not that much.