Image Map Image Map

Thread: mystery europe card bus system: JET computers? DADAC? METRIC?

Default mystery europe card bus system: JET computers? DADAC? METRIC?

So today i scored this neat little europe card bus system, with backplane and psu and all!

it has 4 cards:

CPU/boot rom/SIO (2x RS232; terminal and "datex"??)
    ROM/RAM card with 16K EPROM and 48K SRAM (nice!) - "METRIC CARD EROM/RAM"
    and two identical dual serial cards, one labled printer 1+2, one labled VDU and SAVOS - these are from JET computers, labled "JET SIO-2"

I believe the CPU card is JET too..

34307674_10214573186430849_8612645983924256768_n.jpg

To my suprise it boots!

with a terminal on the CPU terminal port i get boot messages.

with CPU as only card it prints

AUTOLOAD MONITOR JAN87
    DADAC PROM LOADER OCT88
    BREAK AT 6200

>

I suspect it here enters a debug mode. i'm able to input letters, and a few does stuff. E displays registers, D dumps and lets me edit memory in hex, and a few othes just display a value and lets me change it.

with CPU card and eprom card (i assume it crashes with just the cpu card cause it can't find the rom) it just stays on
    AUTOLOAD MONITOR JAN87
    DADAC PROM LOADER OCT88

for a long time. i'm gonna dump the roms to see if there's a clue.

it doesn't really boot with the SIO cards installed.. maybe they need specific slots or maybe they're set up wrongly.

Does anyone recognize these cards or the names? i'd love to know more!

--Chris

Current systems: PDP11/23, ZX-spectrum, MEK-6802D5, Ampex 210 CRT terminal, ZX-spectrum
    Current projects: 8085 Altair 8800 compatible
    Looking for: DEC RX-50 drive, QBUS ROM card, intel 8288

serial cards seemed to kill the +-12V rails, it now boots with one of them installed after i removed some failed-short tantalums.

the "VDU" serial port just spews gibberish. i can't figure out the settings for it.

Current systems: PDP11/23, ZX-spectrum, MEK-6802D5, Ampex 210 CRT terminal, ZX-spectrum

I think my best bet on getting this machine to dance to my flute is to figure out the cereal port addresses, buzz out the memory map (should be easy, all memory decoding seems to be LS138's)

then maybe see if i can get it to do some little test routines from rom. I'd love to re-use the rom boot thing it has, but i'm unsure how. The ROM card fills the entire 64K of memory, so I assume the CPU card proms must be inhibited after boot. this is great, since i might be able to get it to run CP/M..

Okay, step one should probably be getting it to run Z-80 basic, this should be doable, i think.

The hardware doesn't look purpose-built, it looks to be generic euro-card-bus, so that's nice. i'd love to know whats on the roms though, i wonder why it doesnt boot.. maybe it just flops control over to one of the other serial ports after boot and i just don't see more messages on the console port.