Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hi, I'm a vintage-holic ... ;-)

Default Hi, I'm a vintage-holic ... ;-)

I actually didn't know how bad I was until I started cleaning up and found a bunch of interesting stuff.

First if anyone was at VCF East a few weeks ago I was one of two gentlemen that ran the 'How to solder' exhibit (the older of the two).

So lets see, first computer Atari 800xl. Mod'd with Omnimon XL and a 256K upgrade similar to the one in Byte magazine (1986?) I still have this machine and several others (600xl, 800xl, and at least 2 800s and drives). I have several 6800, 6809, 68K, 68HC11 Motorola dev boards. Love OS9! I have 2 Tandy CoCos and several Sardis ST2900s (6809). And just started to put together a Corsham SWTPC clone (6809). On my 2nd real job I worked with the 68xx chips, the SWTPC and a Gimix Ghost ( OS9 LII ). I also have a ton of Laptops, a NEC 8201, a Sharp PC-1500a, a 6809 Exorset bus based computer, a Sage computer (1802) and a collection of Steve Ciarcia's HCSII boards (and all the source code). I have more stuff but I haven't found them again.

I currently have an 1802 emulator working, a 6809 emulator and the various tools working under Linux or in the browser. I have all of this also on github with the appropriate license. I don't have the HCS II stuff on git yet. Not sure how to get it up there either (so that it works).

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see some SWTPC interest; the forum could always use more 6809 systems.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)
    - Any very old/ugly IBM joystick (such as the Franklin JS-123)

Thanks, the 6809 has always been my favorite. Loved it from when I first met it. When we started jumping to 16 bit, the assembly just didn't seem to matter as much (high level languages, unless you debugged the code ). I always thought that 6809 assembly language looked a little like C.

The 2 machines we had at my first real job was the SWTPC running Flex (that had our EPROM burner, that was a weird monitor) and the Gimex Ghost running OS9.

I have Bob's (http://corshamtech.com) SWTPC 6809 CPU and Serial boards. Unfortunately I just got hit with a budget killer so I don't know when I'll get to finish working on that. I somehow have to get the backplane kit.

In the meantime I have enough toys from the 1980's to keep me a bit busy.

Welcome to the forums.
    WANTED: Cardinal 2450MNP modem.