Image Map Image Map

Thread: Vintage 70's Sound Design Speakers

Default Vintage 70's Sound Design Speakers

Today, I got these speakers at a local value village for just $15 Canadian, and they work.

They also match my vintage early 70's receiver's wood grain look.

I don't know much about them, because there is literally no information on them except for the sound design logo. However they work great with my receiver which is 8ohm impedance, so I guess they are also 8ohm impedance.

right now, they are in the basement, but I just ordered a shelf to install in my room, to hold them though, only a matter of time.

My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

Nice retro speakers! Do they sound any good?

Got some Country & Western on that sweet little 8-track? (Sorry, cant see one of these without thinking "Country & Western" music. Dunno why!)

^ I always hear that sound design sucked, but I am not going to pay $200 for speakers for a receiver which cost me $10 at another thrift shop, would be kind of stupid.

However, I have no complaints about the audio quality, sounds just like it sound on my pioneer home theater system and it's matching speakers from the early 2000's.

I'm not one of those audiophiles, and I definitely do not see a need to beat my chest about spending ridiculous amounts of money on audio equipment.

One of my 8-tracks is country, "Conway Twitty" to say the least.

However, the white one that is inside the receiver's built-in 8-track player, is from a two piece set titled "36 golden hits" from k-tel and has hits from (I assume by the copyright date) 1976 and a little before. Including, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, and also songs like "Get Down", etc.
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

I'm more interested in the picture behind the speakers. Is that a picture of Banff?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post
    I'm more interested in the picture behind the speakers. Is that a picture of Banff?
    Not my picture I have no idea. It is just a store bought (by my parents) decoration.