Image Map Image Map

Thread: CoCo 2 repair, missing capacitors

1. Post CoCo 2 repair, missing capacitors

Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of fixing up a CoCo 2 and I can't find any information on the missing capacitors at C1 and C5. CoCo 2 Open.jpg, CoCo 2 Close.jpg, here are some images of what it looks like. In its current condition it doesn't turn on but the PSU seems fine (I ran some tests on it the other day and it's current and voltage out are all fine), it's just these two missing caps that stand out as an immediate issue.

Any help is appreciated!

If I remember correctly those caps are mounted on the bottom of the board, Have you taken it out to check?

Here is what I found C1 220 mfd, 16v Elec Rad and C5 100 mfd, 16v Elec Rad hope this helps
    I only ask Question if I don't know and I will reply to question if I know.

4. Default

Thanks for the info! Did you get this from a data sheet? If so, can you post that? I'd like to get more documentation for the CoCo2 for future repairs.

Is your 26-3026, 26-3027 or 26-3127? I this Service Manual cover the first 2 and it might the last model to. Just click on the link then it will take you to the download file.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cf6d9d...%2529.pdf/file

If you need to upgrade the memory to 64k let me know and I can help you with a link. I will help the best I can.

I took mind apart today I look at C1 and C5 was mounted on top of my mother board. I have no way to take a picture so you can see. If you have any old circuit board maybe you could fine what you need. I will look some of mind and if I do maybe I can help you out.

Ok thank you very much, I'll give it a try with the capacitors you suggested.