Image Map Image Map

Thread: eBay broke vintage computing search a couple of days ago

Default eBay broke vintage computing search a couple of days ago

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vintage-computing

has been broken for a couple days now where it drops new listings from the past couple of days

it only appears to be the vintage-computing category

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ham,+amateur+radio

for example, still works

I would guess this compact view is being depreciated for the 'normal' brain-dead space wasting view

https://www.ebay.com/b/Vintage-Compu...essories/11189

--

gak.. it just started working again, randomly.

What else is new. Were at the age where "if its not broke dont fix it" is unknown to people. They make eBay worse with every change. On another note I have had Hotmail since 1996... Today, its completely broken. I have to reopen my mail window several times a day. Doesnt matter which pc I use. Someone elses, work, home.. all the same.. broken.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    What else is new. Were at the age where "if its not broke dont fix it" is unknown to people. They make eBay worse with every change. On another note I have had Hotmail since 1996... Today, its completely broken. I have to reopen my mail window several times a day. Doesnt matter which pc I use. Someone elses, work, home.. all the same.. broken.
    Base assumption now is you're using the web on a phone, so the content is assumed to be delivered in portrait mode.

They have been doing all kinds of screwy stuff the last few weeks.

Some, but not all, search pages have a new layout that my Old Opera 10.10 browser doesn't like any more. And switching/zooming images broke, but oddly still works in Seamonkey 1.1.20. I fully expect them to eventually start requiring TLS 1.2 so all I get is a "security protocol disabled" error message. But those are just my nitpicks.

Most people have noticed how all ended auctions redirect to completely unrelated "similar item" listings, even when you are explicitly browsing ended auctions.

That one is so nonsensical, that I think it is a good indicator that all logic there has left the building. Time to jump ship, but where to jump to?

I keep getting sent to a page with half the information for a listing. It then has a "see details" link. Appears to be random, sometimes full listing sometimes half. Also keep getting useless "out of stock" pages every so often. I guess they make sense for a USB cable but for a specific piece of relatively hard to find old hardware it does seem rather silly.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

I hate how the internet is caterting to "portable devices"

Blog Entries

I have been known to check an ebay auction with my phone when out and about so having a mode for low resolution cellphones is nice.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

I hate all the missing information, I keep hitting "classic site" but every click takes me back to the "mobile" version.. Its awful I like to see all my options and scale if necessary.