Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for IBM hardware screws + Full Height 5.25 drive

Default Looking for IBM hardware screws + Full Height 5.25 drive

I got my first 5160 locally, but it has no floppy, just a big hole where the floppy goes. Also it doesn't have the 5 screws that secure the case on. Hoping one person has both a floppy /w screws and the 5 screws to secure the case. Please PM me if you can help me out.

Thanks..

Whereabouts on the world are you ?

Consider updating the 'location' part of your profile ('My Profile'/'About Me'/Location).

Didn't realize I didn't have my location, updated now. I am in Oklahoma, USA.

It is possible to use one or even two Half Height floppy drives in that 'big hole'. With no hard drive two floppies is way more useful than just one.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

The memories I have of systems like this always sported a full height drive. That is probably why I like the astechics of the full height drive.

Hey guys I sourced a parts machine on ebay for my missing hardware. So I should be good now.