Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I finally ported CP/M!

Well done! (or medium rare, depending on your tastes) Ah, floppy disks... nothing spells "1980's" like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by durgadas311 View Post
    Well done! (or medium rare, depending on your tastes) Ah, floppy disks... nothing spells "1980's" like that.
    I love the noise they make, especially the full height drives. The only things better would be paper tape.
    Spread the joy of Vintage Addiction

-->www.chronworks.com/<--->www.i8008.net/<--

Quote Originally Posted by 8008guy View Post
    I love the noise they make, especially the full height drives. The only things better would be paper tape.
    Yes, The last media where you could actually see your data directly...

[pedant mode]

Well, you can see the data on a CD-ROM - just not at enough detail to read it!

[/pedant mode]

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    A few (more, probably) years ago it occurred to me that I had reached the age where I could really appreciate curmudgeonry. I may have entered the age of being curmudgeonly at the same time, it's hard for me to tell, but I've at least dabbled in it at various times.

I used to frequent a forum of prolific kvetchers, and I miss it a lot. But I spent too much time there.

This is what I consider one of the unwritten milestones in manhood. The other that I'm aware of is the day you suddenly realise you detest wearing printed T-shirts.
    Depends on what's printed on them. One of my fav shirts says "Never trust a computer you can lift."

"It's all bits on the bus, Cowboy! It's all bits on the bus!" -- Tom Beck, #1ESS Instructor, Southern Bell Opa Locka Training Center