Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: Amiga A2000 motherboard Rev. 6.x

Default Wanted: Amiga A2000 motherboard Rev. 6.x

I'm looking to buy an Amiga A2000 motherboard Rev. 6.x that has no corrosion.

The battery can be on the board as long as there is no corrosion damage. It doesn't have to be populated with chips.

I'm looking to replace my current Rev. 4.4 motherboard, which has corrosion damage.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Do you care if it works? I have a few stashed away which I have no idea if they work at all. I don't have time to populate them with chips and try them out. (I've been meaning to do this for twenty years!)

Bear in mind that if you haven't tested the chips, you may well have dead 68000 and ROM chips, maybe even Fat Agnus. These for from internal corrosion on corroded A2k boards.

The board I have now works. I removed the battery and cleaned it up as best I could and I hope that I've stopped the corrosion from traveling any farther than it already has. It hit a few pins on the 68000 socket, but the chip itself looks okay. I might have caught it before it did any damage to it. I haven't unseated all the chips near where the battery is to tell if there is some hidden problem underneath them. I figured if I'm going to go to all the trouble of cleaning and repairing the motherboard, I might as well pick up a Rev. 6.x first and spend all my time with that one.

Now to answer your question, I'm fine if it doesn't work. I have chips that I can put on it and test it out. It is the corrosion issue that I'm most concerned with.

I've got a 6.2 mobo. Sad part is I believe the cpu socket needs replacing. Been planning on doing it myself, but never could find the time.

Battery has been removed and no corrosion with a coin battery already in place.

It is fully populated with original chips and a 1.3 ROM.
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/