Image Map Image Map

Thread: Switch Settings needed for Intel Above Board ISA (PN 943802)

Default Switch Settings needed for Intel Above Board ISA (PN 943802)

Hi... I'm now owning an Intel Above Board ISA (Partnumber printed on Board = 943802). I do not have any Manual and i think i need to switch the base address via SW1 caus the Software (HWSETUP.EXE) does not detect the card and points to a ROM Conflict

Does anyone have the Manual or the SW1 Switch Settings available ?

Intel Above Board ISA Full small.jpgIntel Above Board ISA PN small.JPGIntel Above Board ISA Switch 1 small.JPG

Thanks in advance

Hello,

This might help you :

Switch_ABOVE.jpg

Thanks a lot.... I've searched for hours in the internet....

Tried the switches and set them accordingly to my PC environment. I/O Address = 370, Memory enabled and "AT or compatible". I have an IBM XT286 and i tried it in Slot 6 or 3... But it does not work.
    Neither HWSETUP.EXE nor ISAEMM.SYS can find the board... Also move the VGA CARD into an 8-Bit Slot and excluded VGA Address in ISAEMM.SYS as an option...

Perhaps board is dead... Will try it in my Atari PC 3 in the next days and will report if it works there

Tried the board in the Atari PC3.. Unfortunately the same... Board cannot be found. Reduced the RAM to a single SIMM and included DEVICE=ISAEMM.SYS EP=C000,C7FF. Then the error message changed to "cannot find enough space in the upper memory area... Please free up a block with at least 64KB. The Atari PC3 has a EGA onboard adapter (which is excluded by the ISAEMM.SYS switch) and a Seagate ST11R in DEFAULT Settings (C8000H (Bios) I/O 320H - 323H ). Nothing else is installed... So Segment E + D should be fully free (if i understand the 8088 Memory Layout correct). The ABOVE board is set to I/O 370-377 (Default), Memory enabled and "PC Compatible"...

Have you set it up for extended RAM? I have one of these, I don't recall how to set it up but HWSETUP.EXE rings a bell. The system BIOS should count all the RAM on it if set for extended. This should give an idea as to how functional it is. I never tried the expanded setup with it.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

I have not seen a Switch or Jumper for setting it to extended or expanded Memory. Do you know if there is one ?

Ah yes, I see a chicken and egg situation. you need the utility to switch back and forth...and the utility cant find the card.

If the ISA connector isn't that shiny, it may be causing the issue. I've fixed loads of boards that just had tarnished contacts. The oxidized layer prevents an electrical connection. You can use a pencil eraser to clean them up, though I tend to use fine sandpaper. You don't need to do much, just enough to get them to reflect light. It might be worth a try.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.