Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Model 4P ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gp2000 View Post
    My wild speculation is that someone saw the "Loading ROM Image" message and decided they didn't want to so openly reveal that the disk contains a copy of the Model 4 ROM.
    I haven't looked at the files you guys have attached, but are you sure its not the loading from serial port message that changed? I've always seen Loading ROM image when its loading Model_/III from a floppy. What I've seen the most different is the messages saying the floppy drive isn't available in English, French, German, on Non GA and GA machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I haven't looked at the files you guys have attached, but are you sure its not the loading from serial port message that changed? I've always seen Loading ROM image when its loading Model_/III from a floppy. What I've seen the most different is the messages saying the floppy drive isn't available in English, French, German, on Non GA and GA machines.
    With all Frank added to his 4P-ROM I'm surprised that the French and German messages survived. Years ago when I was thinking of adding some stuff to the 4P ROM taking the French and German messages out was top of the list to make enough room. I never got around to completing it and what I had done is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Not certain at all. It's clear there has been a minor change in the messages but I was only guessing as to where the changed message would appear.

Looking a bit deeper I'd say you're correct. It does seem that 1(15) would say "Loading ROM Image " when it started to download a /CMD file via RS-232 whereas 1(16) simply says "Loading ".

Quote Originally Posted by gp2000 View Post
    Not certain at all. It's clear there has been a minor change in the messages but I was only guessing as to where the changed message would appear.

Looking a bit deeper I'd say you're correct. It does seem that 1(15) would say "Loading ROM Image " when it started to download a /CMD file via RS-232 whereas 1(16) simply says "Loading ".
    One of these days I'm going to test that out, I have never tried using the serial port for the image load.