Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Windows 95 compatible scanners that also have drivers for Windows 2000/XP?

Blog Entries

SOHO = Small Office and Home Office

Check the actual specifications. Typically, the corporate scanner would be much more expensive with a very large sheet feeder and very fast; SOHO would be slower with a smaller feeder and consumer is more likely to lack a feeder for the scanner but I am sure one can find exceptions.

What I remember is that $3,000 gets 80 pages per minute; $500 gets 24 pages per minute; $70 requires the user to place each page on the scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    SOHO = Small Office and Home Office

Check the actual specifications. Typically, the corporate scanner would be much more expensive with a very large sheet feeder and very fast; SOHO would be slower with a smaller feeder and consumer is more likely to lack a feeder for the scanner but I am sure one can find exceptions.

What I remember is that $3,000 gets 80 pages per minute; $500 gets 24 pages per minute; $70 requires the user to place each page on the scanner.
    Well I don't see why you wouldn't place each paper on the scanner as you do your work. Never known anything better. Except for some kind of scanner I've seen that slides papers down one by one as it scans a bunch.

I used to take pictures of myself with a flatbed scanner! I put my face up to it and I stayed still for a few secs. I guess it was bad for my eyes haha.

Blog Entries

Your face, you say?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    Used high-end equipment can usually be gotten for a steal, as big operations periodically revamp their IT setup. My HP Scanjet ADF set me back all of $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Your face, you say?
    LOL I still have the pictures on my backup drive! It was like, 12 years ago... I was 14 years old.