Image Map Image Map

Thread: Engineer, Accidental Collector, And Always Willing to Learn!

Default Engineer, Accidental Collector, And Always Willing to Learn!

A humble hello to everyone,

I am an audio engineer in Florida, I work in a recording studio and consult musicians. I have always had a love for tech and it's relationship to my job, and that has led me to acquire some older items and components I don't know a whole lot about!

As a hobby and source of supplemental income I have been working with computer scrap and precious metal extraction/refinement. In the process of working my way through tons of junk I have come across some pretty cool vintage items I would love to share with the community and learn more about. I'm not here to advertise or push stuff on anyone, there is a place for that and it's called eBay! I'm really just here because this little hobby have mine has turned me into an accidental collector and I'm the type of person who likes to know what it is, how it works, when and where it was used and if it's rare or useful.

Thanks for having me here and I'm looking forward to doing a lot of listening and a lot less talking! Once I find the appropriate sections I'll start sharing some of the cooler stuff I've come across.

Welcome, and we'd love to see some photos of your finds.

I have posted one in Vintage Hardware for identification assistance, but I want to make sure I know the rules and standards. Is this the best place to post photos of my collection?