Image Map Image Map

Thread: Greetings from Germany

Default Greetings from Germany

I everyone,

I just came by to say hello and to thank you all for the information I already found here. I have just started on building my XT clone, soldering is mostly done, the VGA card is still missing and the universal programmer from China just arrived today.

Take care!
    Moritz

Hello and what kind of xt xlone are you building?

Welcome moritzp73. Sounds like an interesting project. I think people might like if you start a thread about it.
    WANTED: Cardinal 2450MNP modem.

Hi everyone,

I am working on a XT clone and have chosen Sergey Kiselev's design for the 8-bit ISA backplane, the Micro 8088 processor board and the SVGA card.

IMG_1482.jpg

For the IDE adapter I opted for a design I found on Github, called XT-IDE-CF-OPTIMA. You can find a thread here in the forum. I am still looking for a design of a multi-IO adapter covering things like parallel, serial and joystick ports as well as a real time clock.

My learning curve at the moment is quite steep, soldering and assembling the parts seem to be the easier tasks and I reckon to be on the beginning of a long and adventurous journey.

Have a nice day!
    Moritz

Red face VGA card added

So I managed to get the VGA card up and running ...
    Flux and apply solder to PCB, position chip carefully and solder edges, add more flux and with the soldering-tip pushing the previously applied solder and just let the flux pull it under the pins:
    IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg

Have a nice day!
    Moritz