Image Map Image Map

Thread: Finding old Intel branded motherboard BIOS update files?

Default Finding old Intel branded motherboard BIOS update files?

Have an old first gen Pentium Intel branded motherboard and was wondering if anyone knows where to find legacy motherboard BIOS update files? Looks like this is a 430FX chipset Triton board. Current BIOS version is 1.00.05.BR0. Intel's wesbite does not seem to go that far back for support files that I can find.

Some of the markings on the board.

IMG_1308.jpgIMG-1315.JPGIMG-1316.JPGIMG-1317.JPG

Is there a reason you need to update the BIOS?

If the board isn't misbehaving, I wouldn't try to modify the BIOS to avoid potentially bricking it.

According to this its a Advanced/ZE, the manual should be here and the BIOS may be the last link on this page:

http://files.mpoli.fi/hardware/ROM/INTEL/

However there seems to be two versions of the ZE board. The first link gives:
    1.00.xx.BR0: Advanced/ZE (Zappa E or Tahiti)
    1.00.xx.BS0: Advanced/ZP (Zappa)
    that BIOS is for the BS0 version.

Further down there are some more listed:
    1.00.xx.BR0T: Gateway Alladin OEM version of Intel Zappa E/Tahiti
    1.00.xx.BS0T: Gateway Zappa OEM version of Intel Zappa

The mpoli.fi link, has a version for the BR0T version. Which to use? I don't know. As Gigabyte points out you may brick it. Anyway it may give you something to search on. Whatever you do make a recovery disk first, if you don't the process to make one on a different system is awkward.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

Quote Originally Posted by mR_Slug View Post
    According to this its a Advanced/ZE, the manual should be here and the BIOS may be the last link on this page:

http://files.mpoli.fi/hardware/ROM/INTEL/

However there seems to be two versions of the ZE board. The first link gives:
    1.00.xx.BR0: Advanced/ZE (Zappa E or Tahiti)
    1.00.xx.BS0: Advanced/ZP (Zappa)
    that BIOS is for the BS0 version.

Further down there are some more listed:
    1.00.xx.BR0T: Gateway Alladin OEM version of Intel Zappa E/Tahiti
    1.00.xx.BS0T: Gateway Zappa OEM version of Intel Zappa

The mpoli.fi link, has a version for the BR0T version. Which to use? I don't know. As Gigabyte points out you may brick it. Anyway it may give you something to search on. Whatever you do make a recovery disk first, if you don't the process to make one on a different system is awkward.
    Thanks for your reply. Your link gave me a good lead. This link shows mine to possibly be an Aladdin board and it looks to be the same BIOS revision which just may be the last and latest. I'll just leave it at revision 1.00.05.BR0. No issues with it, I just like to have the latest since that can have additional functionality. Cheers.

http://r3tr0.de/mirror/ftp.mpoli.fi/...TEL/index.html