Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Planetfall rendering issues on Kaypro 1

Just got back to this thread, MisterBlack, thats great news. That will surely help anyone in the future as well.

Blog Entries

Yes - well done in figuring out everything!
    Torfinn

Isn't the status line normally set to display at the top of the screen?

you know that crossed my mind as well. Everything looks otherwise normal so I just assumed it was ok. But your right, it should be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    you know that crossed my mind as well. Everything looks otherwise normal so I just assumed it was ok. But your right, it should be on top.
    Your terminal codes configuration uses the 25th line of the Kaypro screen, so that is why the status line is on the bottom. That last ESC code in the "status line" sequence is the direct cursor address sequence for line 24 column 0. Normal output goes to lines 0 through 23. I suspect that on terminals which only support 24 lines of text, you would setup that config to use the top line for status as it simplifies the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by durgadas311 View Post
    Your terminal codes configuration uses the 25th line of the Kaypro screen, so that is why the status line is on the bottom. That last ESC code in the "status line" sequence is the direct cursor address sequence for line 24 column 0. Normal output goes to lines 0 through 23. I suspect that on terminals which only support 24 lines of text, you would setup that config to use the top line for status as it simplifies the rest.
    Yes exactly!! I looked at screenshots from other platforms and it always had it at the top, but since the Kaypro has the 25th line for "status line" that wouldn't otherwise be used, I moved it to the bottom. Might as well get use out of that line. I used the status bar preservation code as well although I gotta say scrolling still is a bit funky where you see flashes of the status bar at the top on the far left side of the screen briefly. It must be something with the way the Kaypro handles the buffer. If I had the bar the top, it would just scroll off until it was redrawn. This way it does stay at the bottom even during scrolling.

Anyway, if someone has a place they want me to upload the Kaypro specific interpreter, let me know. VCFED wouldn't let me upload the .COM file, LOL.